Lefkada page 4
Hints from Harry
The island is more inviting further down its east coast
where there are deeper waters, long sandy beaches and where most tourist
facilities are. The west coast on the other hand, is almost un-exploited
and also has wonderful beaches.
This is an excellent island to explore with a scooter. See more photos of Lefkada I | Photos Lefkada II | III
The Complete Details
Air: From Athens, one can fly to Aktion, 26 km away on the mainland.
- 35 minutes on the bus will get you to Lefkada.
- By Car:
From Sterea Ellada you can drive on the causeway.
- By Bus:
Buses leave from Athens and take about 6 hours.
- From Patras 4 to
5 buses leave each day.
- By Ferry: Very few in winter.
- In summer Cephallonia and Ithaki are connected.
- Tel. code: 0645
- Best Beach 'Kathisma'
- 50 days after Easter at Faneroneni Monastery
- Jul 26 Carnival at Ag Paraskevi
- Aug Arts and Letters festival in Lefkada Town
- Aug Clarinet festival in Karya
- Nov 11 Ag Minas in Lefkada Town
More Lefkada page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4